TESL Sask Student Bursary
Registration is open until 11:59pm, March 31, 2021.
Submission deadline: March 31st
Eligibility (Please check your eligibility further below):
To be eligible for this bursary, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a recent immigrant or refugee (in Canada for up to 5 years)
- Be a Saskatchewan resident
- Be enrolled or about to enroll in a provincially recognized postsecondary institution or enrolled to take the Prior Learning Assessment exams which will further their education or professional development
- Demonstrate financial need
- A bursary fund of $1000.00 will be provided annually.
- The award will be monetary and for one year.
- The fund will be developed from contributions from TESL Sask and/or other donors.
- The bursary process will be reviewed every two years, and periodically as required.
- ESL students who are not visa students are eligible to apply.
- The academic standard will be determined by acceptance (proof of registration) into the provincially recognized postsecondary institution.
ESL Bursary and Awards Committee
- TESL Sask will establish an ESL Bursary and Awards Committee to review and select the winning applicant(s).
- The committee will select candidates based on the approved Guidelines.
Scope of the Use of the Fund by Recipients
- The fund will be limited to the educational enhancement costs listed below:
- tuition at approved educational institutions
- books and equipment
- child care costs while in programs
- assessments for recognition of prior learning in skill, trade, technology and university training.
- A letter from the applicant stating need and learning goals is required.
- A letter from the ESL Instructor or Counselor supporting the applicant’s educational goals is required.
- A letter from the registrar of the educational institution is required to confirm the enrollment of the bursary recipient.
- The bursary recipient is requested to write a letter to the Bursary and Awards Committee if he/she withdraws from the program or is unable to complete the program. The bursary recipient will receive this accountability measure in the acceptance letter.
Please Note: All decisions are final.
The successful applicant will receive notification in April.
Are you a member? Sign in to see all the forms available to you.