Closes: January 31, 2020
CultureWorks: English as a Second Language, Inc.
At home, Western Provinces
Full-Time, Part-Time and/or Supply. Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
Anticipated Teaching Schedule:
Teachers have the potential to work remotely, from home, within any time zone; online cohorts will be scheduled as indicated below and, in addition to regular teaching schedules, full-time and part-time teachers will be entitled to additional paid hours for prep, meetings, marking and teacher and student support. Most classes will run between 5:00 pm and 1:00 am British Columbia time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Director, CultureWorks HQ, CultureWorks London, you will be responsible to:
▪ Plan and teach EAP online to small cohorts of international students at the intermediate to advanced level based on the CultureWorks curriculum
▪ Deliver online curriculum to complement classroom hours
▪ Incorporate content from online asynchronous lessons using a flipped classroom model
▪ Collaborate when necessary with fellow teachers to follow curriculum guidelines, create lesson plans, grade assignments, and discuss student progress
▪ Ensure course delivery and accurate grading in the CultureWorks Learning Management System
▪ Record attendance and generate student reports
▪ Facilitate meetings with students to discuss progress and provide ongoing feedback
▪ Cultivate positive relationships with staff, students, and the campus communities
Read the PDF job announcement HERE.
Forward your application to the email listed; be sure to use subject title "online teaching".
▪ TESL certificate recognized by Languages Canada
▪ 2 years of EAP teaching experience
▪ Cross-cultural experience with overseas teaching experience preferred
▪ Online teaching experience preferred
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills