Closes: September 14, 2023
Luther College High School
1500 Royal Street, Regina, Sk, S4t 5a5
Full Time EAL instructor
Luther College (www.luthercollege.edu/high-school) invites applications for a 5-month term contract (September 2023 to January 2024, with the possibility of extension) in the role of English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teacher. Reporting to the Director of EAL and the Vice Principal of Student Life, EAL teachers are responsible for delivering the EAL program to additional language learners. This position will deliver different EAL courses as set out in the program descriptions and will understand each program including rationales, outcomes and indicators, timelines, and assessments.
Luther College High School is a historical independent school offering exceptional secondary education for students in grades 9 to 12, including an English as an Additional Language program. Luther College offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme and a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. The school enjoys a reputation for excellence in academics, but also for superb athletics, fine arts and co-curricular programming with a dedicated teaching staff who challenges students to excel and discover their gifts.
For more information please visit: https://www.luthercollege.edu/...
An EAL teacher is responsible, in co-operation with staff colleagues and administrative authorities, for:
- Advancing the educational standards and efficiency of the school and the EAL program;
- Participating in staff meetings and professional development where deemed necessary by the Director of EAL or the administration;
- Advancing personal professional competence;
- Plan and organize the learning activities of the class with due regard for the individual differences and needs of the pupils;
- Co-operate with colleagues and associates in program development and teaching activities pertaining to the class and individual pupils;
- Report regularly, in accordance with policies of the school approved by the Director of EAL and administration, to the parent or guardian of each pupil with respect to progress and any circumstances or conditions that may be of mutual interest and concern to the teacher and the parent or guardian.
- Hold an ESL/EAL teaching certificate in addition to a B.Ed., BA English, BA Linguistics, or other related degree;
- Currently accredited through TESL Saskatchewan or TESL Canada;
- Experience teaching ESL/EAL at the high school level or at a university would be preferred;
- Value teaching in an educational institution informed by the Lutheran heritage of excellence in scholarship, and who have an affinity with the general goals of Luther College and the small college environment in which flexibility, warmth, kindness, patience and cordiality are necessary and valued.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and list of three references, along with a brief statement of educational philosophy (one page maximum) to [email protected] by Friday, July 14 at 9:00 a.m. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.