Closes: April 16, 2019
Luther College High School
Shawn Stieb, Vice Principal Student Life
Please forward an electronic letter of application, a resume and references, and a brief statement of educational philosophy to Shawn Stieb.
About Luther College High School
Luther College High School is a historical independent school offering exceptional secondary education for students in grades 9 to 12. Luther College offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme and a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our motto, “Quality education in a Christian context” refers to the education of the whole person. The school enjoys a reputation for excellence in academics, but also for superb athletics, fine arts and co-curricular programming with a dedicated teaching staff who challenges students to excel and discover their gifts. Luther College employees are part of a diverse yet tightly-woven community of students, parents, teachers, staff and alumni.
Preferential consideration will be given to candidates:
- Who have a Masters or Ph.D in Applied Linguistics, Education, or TESOL (the Masters degree must total at least 30 credit units with 21 credits explicitly in TESL)
- With 250 hours of post-secondary ESL methodology and theory from a recognized institution
- With a minimum of 1000 verifiable hours of full-time teaching in, and in charge of, an ESL classroom
- Who have had prior management experience
- Who hold a Standard 2 accreditation (or higher) with TESL Sask
- Who value teaching in an educational institution informed by the Lutheran heritage of excellence in scholarship, freedom to pursue the truth and an awareness of living in God's grace.