Closes: September 14, 2019
Burnaby English Language Centre (LINC Program)
6125 Sussex Avenue, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5H 4G1
Burnaby English Language Centre (LINC Program) is seeking contract and substitute language instructors for morning, & evening classes.
- Evening LINC level 5 position - 9 hours per week (Mon, Wed & Thurs 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm)
- Daytime and Evening Subbing positions
- AM & PM class times: (Mon - Fri 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 12:45 – 3:45 pm)
- Rate of pay is $31.78 per teaching hour
- Location: 6125 Sussex Avenue, Burnaby, BC V5H 4G1
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to Matt Batt via email (see contact info). Include in the subject line "BELC LINC Position".
Instructors must have the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- The equivalent to TESL Canada Professional Standard 1 Certification
- Two- years’ experience in Adult English Language instruction in a group setting
- Experience teaching in an immigrant and refugee settlement language program
- Demonstrated familiarity with Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) and the Canada Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- A can-do attitude, an organized approach and a sensitivity to settlement language student needs