A teaching tip to include CNC material to teach low level LINC Classes
We have developed a unit on living in the COVID-19 pandemic, for CLB levels 1-6. It is uploaded to Tutela and can be shared with all your language instructors.
This is as our Premier is just announcing a state of emergency…
Wishing you all the best, keep well and safe.
COVID-19 Teaching Materials (CLB 5)
There are two (2) new teaching resources about Coronavirus. Thank you to Lori Kennedy for submitting these so quickly!
Information is presented in Spanish and may be shared with your ESL learners.
This video is in Tagalog and can be shared with learners. Dr. Savoy is a family doctor based in Swift Current, SK.
English Language TV Series
If you do not have an LMS access point, please click here to learn how to use the web based version.
Jigsaw Instruction Videos
Settlement Mobility Issues Due to COVID-19 (via IRCC & IOM)
COVID-19 Analytical Snapshots
UPDATE | MISE À JOUR
International Organization for Migration (IOM) | Organisation internationale pour les migrations (OIM)
Published online March 30-May 1, 2020 | Publié en ligne du 30 mars au 1er mai 2020
The IOM has produced COVID-19 Analytical Snapshots, a series of 1-2 page snapshots on the latest analyses from around the world on the migration and mobility-related issues stemming from COVID-19.
L'OIM a produit « COVID-19 Analytical Snapshots », une série d'instantanés de 1 à 2 pages sur les dernières analyses du monde entier sur les questions de migration et de mobilité découlant de COVID-19.
“These COVID-19 Analytical Snapshots are designed to capture the latest information and analysis in a fast-moving environment. Topics will be repeated from time to time as analysis develops. If you have an item to include, please email us at [email protected].”
Current topics | Sujets d'actualité :
FR – Assistance consulaire et autre forme d’assistance pour les migrants et voyageurs bloqués
FR – Stigmatisation et discrimination
FR – Impacts économiques sur les migrants
FR – Implications pour le développement
FR – Gouvernance mondiale des migrations
· #13 – Irregularity, protection & smuggling
FR – Irrégularité, protection et trafic
· #14 – Human trafficking
FR – Traite des êtres humains
· #15 – Migrants on the front line
· #16 – International remittances
· #17 – Impacts on migrant children and youth
· #18 – Migrants & global food supply
· #19 – Misinformation on migration & migrants
· #20 – Migration research & analysis UPDATE
· #21 – Tools and resources UPDATE
· #22 – Cities & local authorities
· #23 – Travel restrictions and mobility UPDATE
· #24 – Technology to support analysis and responses
· #25 – Gender dimensions
· #26 – Stranded migrants
· #27 – Child protection
· #28 – Impacts on Immigration Policies
· #29 – Stigmatization and Discrimination UPDATE
Download the Snapshots | Télécharger les «Snapshots » (en anglais) :
French translation is ongoing | La traduction française est en cours. Actuellement disponible :
See also | Voir aussi : MRS No. 60 – Migrants and the COVID-19 pandemic: An initial analysis
“Authored by Lorenzo Guadagno, this Migration Research Series paper offers an initial analysis of the specific ways migrants have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. It also presents the diverse measures which have been adopted in receiving and origin countries to prevent, mitigate and address the negative impacts of the pandemic. Its objective is to provide insights for more inclusive and effective COVID-19 responses as the pandemic unfolds to ensure that migrants are duly included.”
Other key IOM resources | Autres ressources clés de l’OIM (en anglais) :
- IOM Responds to Covid-19 (webpage | page Web)
- COVID-19 Response – Situation Reports
- Migration Health Evidence Portal for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Emerging Immigration, Consular and Visa Needs & Recommendations
- Migration data relevant for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Regional Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan COVID-19, April 2020 (IOM Asia and the Pacific)
- IOM Statement on COVID-19 and Mobility
- Interim Guidance: Scaling up COVID-19 outbreak readiness and response operations in humanitarian situations, including camps and camp-like settings
- COVID-19: How to include marginalized and vulnerable people in risk communication and community engagement
- IOM’s Global Crisis Response Platform
- Migration Data Portal | Portail sur les données migratoires
Dr. Hyunjung Shin, professor at University of Saskatchewan gives a talk on diversity. Dr. Shin was a session presenter at TESL Sask / SK TEAL Conference in Saskatoon in April, 2019.