NOTE: The 2020 TESL Sask / SK TEAL conference will be held in Regina, SK, Canada on April 24 - 25, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre.
Call for Presentation Proposals: TESL SK/SK TEAL 2020 Conference
Proposal submissions will be accepted until all session times are filled.
We hope to notify you of your presentation’s acceptance as they are received and reviewed.
Types of Presentations:
- Workshop (50 minutes): This type of presentation shows, as well as describes, a technique for teaching, testing, or other education-related matters. This should be a hands-on professional development session that gives attendees an opportunity to learn to do something new, or revisit a tried and true strategy. If more time is required, presenters may request a double block of time (100 minutes). A significantly larger proportion of workshop presentations will be accepted.
- Research Presentation (50 minutes): This type of presentation should include a clearly indicated researched topic, very brief literature review, an overview of the research methodology and findings, and a lengthy discussion of the implications for theory and/or practice. As the conference title is ‘Teaching Actively’ it is hoped presenters will focus on how the research can/should inform practice.
- Sales/Product Promotion (50 minutes): This type of presentation is welcome if the presentation clearly demonstrates how the product would be used within the classroom – make connections to student/teacher needs. Sales/Product promotion presentations will be considered as time allows.
Please ensure your submissions include the following information:
- A completed Presentation Form (download the form HERE - via SK TEAL). The presenter name(s) and presentation title provided will be the same as that shown in the conference program should your proposal be accepted. Your contact information will not be published. If there will be more than one presenter in your session, please provide full contact information for each presenter.
- Summary/Abstract (maximum 250 words). This description will be included in the printed/online conference program and needs to clearly describe what will be accomplished in your session.
- Longer description (max 1,000 words). Optional. If you wish to provide more detail for the planning committee’s consideration, you may provide a longer description of your presentation.
- Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] as soon as possible.
- Please note, if your proposal is accepted, all presenters are expected to register for the conference.
- Presentation materials to be shared with attendees via the conference website can be emailed to Liz in April.
- Contact Liz and Selinda at [email protected] if you have any questions.