We have a couple of items to share with you today.
- Call for Nominations – P2P Promising Practices
- Pathways to Prosperity has been contracted by IRCC to share innovative promising practices in immigrant settlement and integration with an empirical basis for their effectiveness. To date they have produced 25 videos and briefs for this purpose, and over the next five years they will be producing an additional 40 videos and accompanying briefs on promising practices, targeting a range of service areas, providers, and client groups.
- A new Call for Nominations is now open and you are invited to participate in this research project through nomination of one or more promising practices.
- P2P is seeking nominations of promising practices from a variety of stakeholders involved in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees across Canada. Practices do not have to be IRCC funded and can be self-nominated. Practices must be able to demonstrate their effectiveness through an external evaluation or within-organization measurement of outcomes that can be shared (e.g., website URL; you would be able to send it). Because the areas of practice we are profiling in this round are focused on responses to the pandemic and the changes it has required, preliminary evidence of effectiveness will be accepted in this round.
- You can find more information about this initiative through the two documents attached(French and English)
- Newcomer Information Hub - Refugee613
- Funded by IRCC, Refugee 613’s Newcomer Information Hub is a space where newcomers and those who support them can share, find and create reliable and useful information to help newcomers navigate COVID-19.
- Join the Info Hub Facebook Group today and help build this online space for filling gaps, combatting misinformation and collaborating across sectors and regions. Find multilingual COVID-19 information by exploring the multilingual resource database.
- If you have any questions about this project, you can contact [email protected]
- Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/968977630184529
- Multilingual Resource Database : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ve8dD4XdoKANq5xNKNhcggNGOPmncpI1VzJC1MEozfU/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks and take care
Executive Director | SAISIA