- Settlement Sector Technology Task Group
- Recently formed task group made up of representatives from IRCC and the Settlement Sector. The objective of the group is to discover, examine and learn about the settlement sector’s needs to successfully implement digital and hybrid service delivery models including infrastructure, privacy issues(ie advice and protocols on how to safeguard information), professional development for staff(including digital literacy) and addressing the digital divide among newcomers and in our communities.
- There is a short survey that aims to find sector input on issues related to the delivery of programs through technology at : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdgsRfn2UQnkCqxcpACASlzbIO2uuumHcHEuA5GryXjSg6n2g/viewform
- You can find more information about the Task Group including items such as What will the group do? What is the plan moving forward? at : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/settlement-sector-technology-task-group-looking-your-marco-campana/
- Canadian Council for Refugees(CCR) Fall Consultation – Challenges and Beyond : Thriving in the Era of a Pandemic
- Registration is now open for the CCR Fall Consultation happening from November 26th – December 11th 2020.
- This event will explore key issues affecting vulnerable communities as well as new opportunities emerging in the midst of a health crisis. Participants will share strategies, tools and resources to move beyond the challenges.
- You can find a detailed list of the schedule at : https://ccrweb.ca/en/consultation-workshops and a schedule of fees at : https://ccrweb.ca/en/virtual-consultation-fees
- The virtual consultation will feature a series of webinars and on-line meetings including the topics of :
- Indigenous perspectives on welcoming newcomers
- Anti-Black racism inequities in systems
- Addressing refugee determination issues during COVID
- Family or stranger? Who Canada welcomes
- Innovative approaches to housing
- Family reunification challenges
- Anti-trafficking: seeking remedies and protection
- Root causes of displacement
- Rethinking boundaries: a fireside chat with IRCC
- The US-Canada border in the age of COVID
- The global refugee regime: options for the never-to-be-resettled
- Dealing with the pandemic: quarantining and beyond
- You can register through the following link :
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns related to either the CCR Fall Consultation or the Settlement Sector Technology Task Group.
I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend!
Executive Director | SAISIA