There is an upcoming hospitality training program being held in Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Swift Current. Please share with your members. If they have any clients that are interested, this is a good opportunity. They could be covered under our Destination Employment program and would learn about different occupations including front desk, housekeeping, kitchen and retail. Feel free to call me or Lynne (numbers below) if you have any questions. Thanks.
STEC will be running two programs starting November 9th one in Prince Albert and one in Saskatoon.
- November 9th – December 18th break for Christmas and return
January 4th to Feb 10 making the program 12 weeks
- STEC will be available for20 week post program to mentor/coach.
- The participants will be paid 11.45/hr for 30 hrs a week for 12 weeks or up to 360 hrs
- Everyone will be assigned there own computer to use, the class is a combination of classroom discussion/instruction and online learning
- There is a stringent COVID protocol that must be followed at all times
We will not be advertising the programs. STEC is looking for outlying career and employment councillors in their communities to recruit urban members that you feel would be a good fit. After you have contacted your members/clients believe they would do well in the program you would submit there information to STEC and we (STEC) will do a phone interview.
The individuals selected must be willing to look for employment in camps, resorts in province and out of province and locally if there is any at the time of completion.
We are looking at recruiting as many young adults under the age of 30 as possible while still balancing the classrooms out with some over the age of 30.
If you have any questions or concerns please give me (Lynne) a call at
306 933-7187 or 306 260-3765.
Have a great day!
Have a terrific day!
Workforce Development Consultant